3/04/2005

That looks nice, what is it?

Yesterday I took Cowboy to the vet, see previous post. Goldie came too, for the ride. She stalks into the waiting room and heads straight for the weighing machine. Oh, yes, she knows it well.

It was around lunchtime. I stood at the receptionist's desk. She had her lunch on the desk. Usually they have like a half-eaten sandwich or maybe a cup of soup. Something like that.

She had a flat bowl on the desk. It contained light-brown chunks in a light-brown gravy.

I totally had to stop myself pointing and saying, 'Is that dog food?' or 'My God, are you eating dog food for lunch?' or 'Come on, what does that stuff taste like?' or even 'I knew pet food company reps provided free samples but I didn't know the staff actually sampled it!'.

It looked more like dog food than dog food. The wide flattish bowl, the light-brown chunks.

It wasn't dog food.

Unless dogs have learned to use the fork that was in the bowl.

No comments: