7/02/2004

The running week.

After the Victorian 15k road race last Sunday morning (how I hate running on Sunday mornings!) spent a pleasant afternoon at Thomastown indoor pool, with plenty of time in the spa and steam room.

Still a bit sore on Monday, so jogged around Princes park in biting cold conditions, then backed up on Tuesday with the group for a session of three ten-minute hard runs with a three minute rest break in between each.

Wednesday in the gym, then back to Princes Park on Thursday - with my new ASICS DS trainers (man, those shoes are light, I felt like I was flying!) - for a session of six 600 metre surges. Right heel started feeling a bit hot towards the end. Jogged back to the university track, took off the shoe and, oh my, a giant blister - the inner of my clean new shoe was soaked in blood. I hate that.

I'm taking the weekend off. Maybe get into some salt water.

No comments: